Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Magic When Two People...


Forgive the cheesy title. That line from the song "Got To Believe In Magic" just got me thinking. How does two people fall in love? I mean, like it says in the song, "Tell me how two people find each other, in a world that's full of strangers?". Falling in love has always been somewhat of an alien concept to me. I don't think I've ever been in love and nobody has fallen in love with me. How does two people find each other? I'm not even talking about finding someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, just someone you can have a relationship with. I guess it's easy enough to find someone to fall in love with. The hard part, I think, is finding someone you love, who will love you back. I mean, out of all the people around you, all the people you encounter every day, how do you find that person who will love you like you love them? This is strictly speaking from experience because all of the relationships I've had so far are either one sided, or imaginary. How do you get the person you love to love you back? Life would be a lot easier if there was a surefire way to make that happen.

The reason I'm wondering about this is because two of my close college friends are in a sort of unrequited love situation. One of them, RO started a friends with benefits type arrangement with an acquaintance but she ended up wanting more and the guy seems like he really doesn't want to commit. KE on the other hand, is in a totally opposite situation. She and this guy had known each other for some time, they talk regularly, they hang out with common friends and KE ended up really liking him. According to their mutual friends, the guy likes KE as well. The problem is, the guy himself has not said anything to either confirm or deny it. They still hang out occasionally but seeing as the guy has not said or done anything to progress things between them, KE is taking it a sign that he's not into her. These two very different but also very similar situations has been a cause for much drama lately. I want to help them but the hell can I do?

I guess I'm also in that kind of situation. I know I have no chance in hell with ME, but a girl can hope. RO asked me a couple of days ago if I really liked ME. The truth is I'm not entirely sure either. I just want so much for him to want me. I want someone to want me. Is that really so unreasonable? Is that too much to ask? I'm so tired of one sided attractions. I keep thinking to myself that all this waiting must be for some really good reason. There must be someone out there for me. I want to know how it feels like to be in love and to be loved back. The way things are going right now, it looks like I have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding love. Why is love so hard to find? Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, if at all. Sometimes I think it really is magic when two people fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment